Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

  • From: "Gary Wood" <k8hlx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:34:17 -0500

Well I had a problem about three years ago: I was in the midst of upgrading to a new computer, but one time around August of 03, I received a message on the ACBRadio Friends list, saying not to open an email that was supposed to be from Cathy Ann Murtha, because it was actually a virus! But anyway, like a fool, I opened it, thinking that since it's from Cathy Ann, it should be all right, and it was supposed to be something about on-line learning or businesses, or something like that. Anyway, I opened it, and I knew there was a problem. Jaws would only work part of the time. I guess I made another big mistake: I tried to use my version of Norton Antivirus, but I couldn't use that; so I tried to uninstall it, thinking that I could reinstall, and hopefully, fix my problem; but apparently, I lost everything! I lost all my windows programs. I had to have someone help me reinstall Windows, and I had to install all my programs; but actually, since I was thinking of upgrading, I got a new Dell computer and Windows XP on it!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>