Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

  • From: Darcy Burnard <darcyburnard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:25:59 -0500 (EST)

That's the question though. Does this thing replicate itself, and infect other computers? If not, then it's not technically a virus.
Note that I'm not trying to minimize the damage this thing has caused people. Also, I'm not trying to stir things up on list or anything like that. Like I said before, I don't think anti-virus venders put trojan horse program signitures in their databases. I could be wrong though, does anyone know for sure?
Darcy

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Chris Skarstad wrote:

Well, a virus is a virus people, let's not kid ourselves here. If you suspect something on your computer that could cause damage to *anyone* blind, sighted, I don't care who you are or where in the world you live, if it's destructive and your antivirus software does not detect that it's bad, submit it! Then the antivirus vendors will see this and come up with a fix. I mean really, think of it like this. It's a horrible thought, but imagine that you get sent a virus that is aimed at blind computer users like this one, but the virus passes itself onto other people. It's not gonna care wether you're blind or not. it's not smart enough to know who is blind or sighted. So again, if it's not being detected by your particular antivirus software, plese for heavens sakes send it to them for analysis.

At 04:12 PM 3/18/2006, you wrote:
No no no no no!
They'd put deffinitions into there databases to detect this nasty piece of crap!
Shane