Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:10:22 -0700

Hi Lino,

Just sent it.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/captcha and sign the Google Word Verification Accessibility Petition today!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <lmorales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

Hi Daryl et al,
Could you send me a copy of the original message sent to my in-box please?
lmorales@xxxxxxxxxxx
I want to foreword this to other blind folks. Take care.
Lino Morales and Louie Lab
email and Messenger
lmorales@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype lino_and_louie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <mailto:nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Darrell Shandrow
<mailto:blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
;
<mailto:blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
;
Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

Hello everyone,

I would urge you all to be very careful when downloading and installing new software, especially if claims are being made that might sound too good to be true. It seems a direct threat to blind computer users may be "in the wild". Please review the facts listed below and avoid this Audiomagic trojan horse program at all costs. Fantastic claims of a new accessible sound editor may be too good to be true. The e-mail address is "<mailto:jokerdog02@xxxxxxxxxxx>jokerdog02@xxxxxxxxxxx". The domain name is roachhost.com. The software has already been reported to have crashed several computers by removing critical Windows system files! We at Blind Access Journal received thousands of worthless blank e-mails from roachhost.com in December of last year. In late November of last year, I accepted a person's claim that he had found a way to defeat Google's visual verification to make it accessible to blind users. I downloaded and ran an executable file that promptly trashed not only my computer, but also all the data on a backup drive connected to another computer on our network! Watch out my friends!

--
Posted by Darrell to
<http://www.blindaccessjournal.com/2006/03/red-alert-dont-let-audio-magic-cast.html>Blind