Re: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil Spell on Your Computer!

  • From: "Lino Morales" <lmorales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:39:07 -0500

Daryl,
Have you check this out on
www.snopes.com Take care.
Lino Morales and Louie Lab
email and Messenger
lmorales@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype lino_and_louie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Darrell Shandrow
  To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; PC audio discussion list.
  Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:03 AM
  Subject: [Blind Access Journal] Red Alert: Don't Let Audio Magic Cast An Evil
Spell on Your Computer!

  Hello everyone,

  I would urge you all to be very careful when downloading and installing new
software, especially if claims are being made that might sound too good to be
true. It seems a direct threat to blind computer users may be "in the wild".
Please review the facts listed below and avoid this Audiomagic trojan horse
program at all costs.

    a.. Fantastic claims of a new accessible sound editor may be too good to be
true.

    b.. The e-mail address is "jokerdog02@xxxxxxxxxxx".

    c.. The domain name is roachhost.com.

    d.. The software has already been reported to have crashed several
computers by removing critical Windows system files!

    e.. We at Blind Access Journal received thousands of worthless blank
e-mails from roachhost.com in December of last year.

  In late November of last year, I accepted a person's claim that he had found
a way to defeat Google's visual verification to make it accessible to blind
users. I downloaded and ran an executable file that promptly trashed not only
my computer, but also all the data on a backup drive connected to another
computer on our network! Watch out my friends!

  --
  Posted by Darrell to Blind Access Journal at 3/17/2006 10:58:00 PM