blind_html my concerns with bookshare and Humanware

  • From: Paul Tandy <brl.cents@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:33:12 -0800

Hi all, I wrote this before I knew when keysoft 8 was coming out. So in other words, it's kind of old. I sent it it Humanware. It was directed at them. It's kind of mean I know, but I'm not rhrhrhrhrhreeeeeely happy with their service and things like that.

If ya all want, I can send ya all the What's wrong with Humanware thingy I wrote again to refresh your memory.

Injoy.

Hi, my friend and I and many people all think the same about your company.

You guys don't care about your customers. For, your going to put bookshare on keysoft 8? How are we suppose to un-zip the zipped books right now with bns? I suppose your probably thinking, why don't you just un-zip them with your pc?

Just to let you be informed, a lot of people that use bns do not have a computer to un-zip the files. Yes, I know that we have the old bookshare site, but, it's not being up-dated with the latest books and newspapers. For how are deaf-blind users suppose to know about the modern day issues? Are they just going to have to pay for keysoft 8 and pay a ton of money just to have accessibility to bookshare? And what about all those people that are losing their jobs? How are they suppose to pay for keysoft 8? They don't have that kind of money. And for the classic bn users, i assume that some of them don't have that kind of money already. Maybe that's why they haven't upgraded their bns to keysoft 7.5. Have you ever once thought of that?

I, however am a person that just has my Bn. I don't have a personal computer to un-zip the files with. And also, I am one of those people who can't afford new upgrades for my bn. AM I just going to have to wait until I have enough money for keysoft 8? But what am I suppose to do til then? Am I just suppose to wait and take the braille notes advice?
The bn always sayseaplease
wait. please wait. You know, we've been waiting for keysoft 8 since last fall.

I understand you guys would like to make money with your products. But do you feel for those who suffer? I don't believe your company does. That's one of the things I like about gwmicro. They really care for their customers and warn them of up-coming events. Oh, I wish Humanware could do that. You guys used to care. Why don't you care any more? Is it because your company has to much pride in your unit of the braille note? If that's the reason, let me tell you that your unit has it's little share of bugs. I'm not saying that every computer is perfect, but I'm saying there's a pretty long list of bugs on your product.

Did you know that gwmicro makes a product called the braille sense? It's cheaper than a braille note and you know? It actually works with bookshare.

You need to fix this for all the bn family including the classics. Other companies are fixing this problem. For right now, no one knows when keysoft 8 is coming out. It could be a week, month or even a year. If you don't care for your customers than why do you make products like the braille note? Oh, that's right, just to make some money. I understand you have your products, but honestly, why can't you just put bookshare on the m-powers and the classics? Is it because you can't? No it's not, I believe that you can. Can't yMake it another build or something? You made build 29 for keysoft 7.5 free. So why can't you make a build 30, so we can access bookshare? Or make a build for the classics too. I believe you should make this build for free.

Paul