blind_html Re: creating html?

  • From: Ethan <ethan8768@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 19:23:43 -0500

Hello Paul,

I know you said you know how to write text on a web page but I am going to start from the very beginning for those who are wondering how to do this.

LEARN HTML
With help from Ethan

HTML is the language to make webpages. It is the most basic language and can do many things.

To write HTML in a document you need to have a HTML document. To do this open Notepad, Wordpad etc. Go to "Save As" and name the file with a .html extention (instead of .txt, .doc etc.) Now you can start writing HTML in your HTML document. Note: when you save the document it may save as filename.html.txt. If it does, rename it so that it has the html extention.

Example:

Example of text in <body>:

   Example of a link:
Note: [protocol]: http (in a url), ftp (upload files), mailto (email), etc.
[url]: url of the location (Example of http: www.google.com) (Example of ftp: something@xxxxxxxxxxxx) (Example of mailto: someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
To make a link without it underlined:
Note: The text-decoration=none is more CSS than HTML.

   Example of headings:
<h1>text</h1> <h2>text</h2> <h3>text</h3> <h4>text</h4> <h5>text</h5> <h6>text</h6> When you put text inbetween the headings tags the text will appear larger. The largest is the heading 1 tag. The font gets smaller as you use larger numbered headings.
Note: The headings only go up to h6.

   Example of a bookmark:
<a name="#name_of_bookmark">
Note: Put this tag where you want the bookmark. The name of the bookmark must start with a number sign (#).
Note: Use this code in the place where you want to place the bookmarks link. When the user clicks on the link it moves the user down to where you placed the bookmark.

   Example of an Input Box:
<input type="text" name="name_of_textbox" size="" value="">
Note: If you place text in between the quotes ("") after the value= it will place text in the box as a default. If you place a number between the quotes ("") after the size= it will restrict the user to type more than that number of characters in the box. This will only allow the user to see one line of text at a time.

   Example of a textarea:
<textarea name="textarea_name" size="" rows="10" cols="20"> </textarea>
Note: If you place a number between the quotes ("") after the size= you will restrict the user from typing in more characters then the number. The number between the quotes ("") after rows= tells you how many rows the user can see. The number between the quotes ("") after the cols= tells you how many columns the user can see. If you place text between the <texarea> and the </textarea> it will place text in the textarea as a default. This will allow the user to see more than one line at a time.

   Example of a Check Box:
<input type="checkbox" name="name_of_checkbox">
Note: Put text before or after the checkbox so the user knows what the box is.

   Example of a Radio Button:
<input type="radio" name="name_of_radio_button">
Note: put text before or after the radio button so the user knows what the radio button is. If you make more than one radio button make sure that all of the radio buttons names are the same so that only one radio button can be checked.

   Example of a Button:
<input type="button" name="name_of_button" value="text of button">
Note: Between the quotes ("") after the value= is the text the user will see on the button.

   Example of a Combo Box:

I hope this Learn HTML file was helpful and interesting. If you have any questions about this file or if I missed something please email me. You can also go to:
www.w3schools.com
for more information on HTML. Just click on the Learn HTML link.

I know HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and some PHP as well and would be glad to make a short document on JavaScript or CSS if people would want me to.

© 2008-2009 by Ethan
blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with unsubscribe in the subject line.