blind_html Re: Traped

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:15:39 -0600

thank you Ethan for handling this. I was not asked to have this user removed. It hink this user was just trying to stiru p trouble3.

Thanks
Nimer J

Ethan wrote:
For those that are trying to unsubscribe:
blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with unsubscribe in the subject line.

Thanks

Blind_HTML Moderator
----- Original Message ----- From: "Betteye" <the_boldens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:33:55 -0500
  From: Travis <baconlard@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: baconlard@xxxxxxxxx

  *Newsmax.com*

http://www.newsmax.com/frank_gaffney/islam_obama_shariah/2009/08/10/246009.html

  *Understanding Islams Threat to U.S. Vital*

  Monday, August 10, 2009 1:29 PM

  *By:* Frank Gaffney Jr.

John Brennan, the assistant to the president for homeland security and
  counterterrorism, last week approvingly recalled a key point in the
  speech Barack Obama delivered in Cairo in June: "America is not and
never will be at war with Islam." Unfortunately, that statement ignores
  the fact that the decision as to whether the United States is at war
with anybody is not entirely up to our leadership or people. The real
  question is: Is Islam' at war with us?

It is certainly true that hundreds of millions of Muslims the world over are not seeking to wage war against the U.S. or other non-Muslim states.
  America has, as Brennan noted in his remarks before the Center for
  Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on Aug. 6, a powerful
interest in not making all those who practice Islam into our enemies.

  Yet, it would be a grave mistake to construe the problem we face as
  Brennan proceeded to do in his speech at CSIS: "We are at war with
al-Qaida which attacked us on 9/11 and killed 3,000 people. We are at war with its violent extremist allies who seek to carry on al-Qaida's
  murderous agenda." He described that agenda as seeking "to replace
  sovereign nations with a global caliphate."

Unfortunately, that is the stated goal of all those who adhere to what authoritative Islam calls Shariah a number that includes many millions
  of people the world over. Brennan's speech made no reference to this
  wellspring of jihadism.

Of course, not all those who embrace Shariah are prepared to use terror
  against us. Shariah requires though that if its adherents do not
actually engage in violent jihad, they must support it through financial or other means. After all, according to Shariah, the purpose of jihad is
  to bring about the triumph of Islam over the entire world. Shariah
commands that the faithful must use violence where possible to advance
  that objective, and non-violent means where not.

By failing to recognize this justification and catalyst for the threat
  we face, Obama and his administration effectively foreclose the
  possibility of countering it effectively. Worse yet, in their
  understandable desire not to give gratuitous offense to Muslims, the
U.S. government has repeatedly deferred to those who are most easily and
  most vocally offended.

  Specifically, the latter notably, the putatively non-violent, but
  virulently Islamist Muslim Brotherhood and its myriad front
organizations have come to dictate what our officials can and cannot say about the danger posed not just by al-Qaida and its "violent extremist
  allies," but by all those who embrace the teachings, traditions,
  institutions, and dictates of what authoritative Islam defines as
  "mainstream": Shariah.

This practice effectively disenfranchises American Muslims who reject this Shariah program precisely the sorts of people we should most want
  to empower. Last week, I discussed this problem on our talk radio
program with someone who is trying to do something about it: Rep. Sue
  Myrick of North Carolina.

*To hear Gaffneys interviews with Myrick and Sen. John Cornyn **go here
  now* <http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/index.xml>*.*

As it happens, Myrick's district is not far from where Daniel Patrick Boyd and other alleged "homegrown" jihadists were reportedly plotting attacks abroad, and possibly here. What is more, the financial sector so
  prominent in the Charlotte community she represents is also a prime
target of one of the most insidious forms of what author Robert Spencer
  calls "stealth" jihad: Shariah-compliant finance.

Myrick, a co-founder of the House anti-terror caucus, recently convened a meeting to afford "moderate" Muslims an opportunity to interact with representatives of various federal law enforcement and other agencies responsible for securing this country. According to Myrick, some of the
  officials seemed to be discovering for the first time that there are
  practitioners of Islam who do not embrace the seditious tenets of
Shariah and who were extremely concerned about the government's almost
  exclusive reliance on those who do.

Fortunately, decisions in federal court in recent weeks may produce some urgently needed policy course-corrections. Judge Laurence Zatkoff in the Eastern District of Michigan recently cleared the way for accelerated
  and wide-ranging discovery in connection with a suit brought by a
Michigan Iraq war veteran, Kevin Murray, against the Treasury Department and Federal Reserve. Murray is challenging on constitutional separation
  of church-and-state grounds the practice of a U.S. government-owned
  company, the insurance conglomerate AIG, promoting Shariah-compliant
  products.

It seems likely that the depositions that will now be taken by Murray's legal team securities litigator and Shariah expert David Yerushalmi and
  attorneys at the Thomas More Law Center, led by its director Richard
  Thompson will shed important light on the federal government's
understanding of authoritative Islam's seditious program. It may also reveal the extent to which U.S. officials have, with their failure to
  comprehend the true nature of the threat we face, acted, either
wittingly or unwittingly, in ways that have enabled it to metastasize
  further.

Whether through the revelations of this law suit or through the work of influential legislators like Myrick, the time has come to recognize that even if we insist we are not at war with Islam, the authorities of Islam /are/ at war with us. Only by so doing can we connect with and empower our natural allies in this war Muslims who want to enjoy liberty in a
  Shariah-free America. And only by so doing, do we have a chance of
  prevailing.

*Frank J. Gaffney Jr. is president of the Center for Security Policy, a
  columnist for the Washington Times, and the host of the nationally
  syndicated Secure Freedom Radio.*

  *2009*

  *Copyright 2009 ** All Rights Reserved*

To access the archives, please visit: