blind_html Re: Imagine Cup Contest

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:04:31 -0700

This is on topic for this list, and someone else is going to have to give advice for this, as I don't have any. it sounds good to me. Instead of the combo boxes, you may just want to use links, but combo boxes are good too, and I see no problem with them.

Thanks
Nimer J

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org
Phone:
(720) (251-4530)

Marvin Hunkin wrote:
Hi.
if any one is interested in this e-mail me privately via startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx
and will paste the following message below.
cheers Marvin.
Hi.
well, did post on the forums on http://www.ImagineCup.com, in the web design, australia and mashup sections.
had no replies yet.
so was wondering, any students on this list, would maybe like me to form a team, or for me to join a team.
if this post is not on topic.
sorry, been a while since i reade the rules of this list.
but trying to keep on blindness and vision impairment.
so, if not on topic, then will take my question on another list.
so, what do you vips think.
do have it a current working demo version, but needs a lot of work, in the areas of design, as got frames at the moment, and from what i have read on w3c, that frames, are frowned upon for accessibility. second, was thinking of revamping the interface, and so any programmers of say php, asp, or java script would come in handy. to have a form, with combo boxes, and for the different section, have combo boxes, with text labels, and also rollover images, also. and then when the user say clicks on the different combo boxes, four at least for region, country, disability and service, takes the user to that page with links to site on that page. then have a second section called navigation with a heading, and have a combo box, to jump back to the current section, or to navigate to other areas of the website. am i crazy, or do you have any other suggestions, which i would be happy to take on board. this site has to work for sighted as well as users with disaibilities and also, work on multiple browsers, not just internet explorer.
so here's the invitation.
cheers Marvin.

blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx