blind_html Re: Fwd: [Cabs] possible replacement for Justice David Souter

  • From: "Sarah Alawami" <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 17:33:04 -0700

Personally I think it's exciting . I heard a pannel discussion with a blind
person who worked for parlament in England. This in a convention 2 years
ago. I wish this judge luck.

Date:   Fri, 1 May 2009 12:09:39 -0600
From:   Chris Foster <cfoster@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     'Colorado Association of Blind Students List' <cabs@xxxxxxxxxx>,
NFB of Colorado Discussion List <colorado-talk@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello federation Friends,
Many of you have heard by now that U.s. Supreme Court Justice David Souter
plans to leave the bench some time in June.  Below is a perspective
candidate I gott off CNN you might find of some interest.  Chris foster

* Judge David Tatel, DC Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals Born 1942. Blind due
to degenerative eye disease when he was young man, but has never made much
of it. If nominated and confirmed, he would become the first openly disabled
justice. A former civil rights attorney. Age considered a real political
factor, but a well-regarded intellectual, with strong progressive
credentials.

blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject line.
To access the archives, please visit: