blind_html [Nimer's Political Blog] [Fwd: Cash For Clunkers Cartoons]

  • From: Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:48:02 -0700 (PDT)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cash For Clunkers Cartoons
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:28:22 -0500
From: Travis <baconlard@xxxxxxxxx>
To: baconlard@xxxxxxxxx

Would you like to reprint our cartoons on your site or in your
publication? It's easy! Visit us here

Cartoon by Nate Beeler
Send this Cartoon to a Friend!

We have a great collection of cartoons called "Cash For Clunkers" LOOK!
*Cash For Clunkers Means 'Ca-Ching' for Detroit*
by Froma Harrop
- Comment on the column
This is what I told my friend Frank: Under the "cash for clunkers"
program, you could get more money for your '93 Mercury Grand Marquis
than it was worth - up to $4,500 if you used it to buy a new vehicle
with much better gas mileage.
"What would they do with the Merc?" Frank asked.
"Throw it in the hopper," I responded.
"You mean, destroy it?"
No way. The big red Marquis was his steed - swift as Secretariat,
companionable as Mr. Ed. Would Roy Rogers let Trigger be ground into
But when Frank saw how quickly others grabbed the deal - the $1 billion
Congress allocated for the program was used up in a week - he thought
again. He may have another chance, if the program is extended, which, as
I type, seems very likely.
Cash for clunkers could be the least glamorous stimulus program ever
devised - and among the best designed. It is Temporary (lasts until Nov.
1 or when the money is gone), Targeted (helps Detroit and, with it, the
industrial heartland) and Timely (the stampede to the showrooms ...

Follow Daryl each day on Twitter at:

*Forward email

Email Marketing <>
Cagle Cartoons, Inc. | 906 Chelham Way | Santa Barbara | CA | 93108

Groups "Politics & Current Events" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at

Posted By Nimer Jaber to Nimer's Political Blog at 8/06/2009 12:47:00 PM