blind_html Imagine Cup Contest

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:56:30 +1100

Hi.
if any one is interested in this e-mail me privately via
startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx
and will paste the following message below.
cheers Marvin.
Hi.
well, did post on the forums on http://www.ImagineCup.com, in the web
design, australia and mashup sections.
had no replies yet.
so was wondering, any students on this list, would maybe like me to form a
team, or for me to join a team.
if this post is not on topic.
sorry, been a while since i reade the rules of this list.
but trying to keep on blindness and vision impairment.
so, if not on topic, then will take my question on another list.
so, what do you vips think.
do have it a current working demo version, but needs a lot of work, in the
areas of design, as got frames at the moment, and from what i have read on
w3c, that frames, are frowned upon for accessibility.
second, was thinking of revamping the interface, and so any programmers of
say php, asp, or java script would come in handy.
to have a form, with combo boxes, and for the different section, have combo
boxes, with text labels, and also rollover images, also.
and then when the user say clicks on the different combo boxes, four at
least for region, country, disability and service, takes the user to that
page with links to site on that page.
then have a second section called navigation with a heading, and have a
combo box, to jump back to the current section, or to navigate to other
areas of the website.
am i crazy, or do you have any other suggestions, which i would be happy to
take on board.
this site has to work for sighted as well as users with disaibilities and
also, work on multiple browsers, not just internet explorer.
so here's the invitation.
cheers Marvin.

blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx