blind_html Fwd: [nabs-l] FW: a new type of captcha

  • From: Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:58:27 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [nabs-l] FW: a new type of captcha
Date:   Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:23:16 -0400
From:   Liz Bottner <liz.bottner@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I thought this might interest some.

Liz

email:

liz.bottner@xxxxxxxxx

Visit my livejournal:

http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com
<http://unsilenceddream.livejournal.com/>

Follow me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/lizbot

Consider helping blind and visually impaired Delaware students in the March
for Independence:

<http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/TR/walk/General?team_id=2830&pg=te
am&fr_id=1050>
http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/TR/walk/General?team_id=2830&pg=tea
m&fr_id=1050

Hi all. I read an article about a new type of captcha that could leave
us in

the dark all over again, so I thought it would be of interest. It's
based on

3D image-identification. See
http://news.cnet.com:80/8301-17938_105-10204300-1.html?tag=nl.e703

I tried to contact YUNiTi, the captcha's designers, but of course the
contact form had the same style of captcha. So I contacted the article's
author, who was kind enough to put me in touch with the co-founder of
the
company. The poor guy was stimied by the idea of giving us a viable
alternative, but he says if anyone has one, he'd be happy to hear it.
So...if anybody does, email me off list and I'll give you the
co-founder's
email address. he said I could give it out as long as I didn't post it
anywhere.

I hope, by getting this article out there, someone might have a flash of
brilliance that might help us all, since if this takes hold, it would
render

WebVisum obsolete.

with unsubscribe in the subject line.
To access the archives, please visit: