blind_html [Fwd: [gui-talk] Fwd: Microsoft Save as DAISY version 2 launched]

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:01:50 -0600

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995

prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the

Subject:        [gui-talk] Fwd: Microsoft Save as DAISY version 2 launched
Date:   Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:15:05 +1100
From:   Steve Pattison <srp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Access L <access-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, VIP L <vip-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From:  George Kerscher kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members and Friends,

Yesterday  announcements were made about Save as DAISY add-in Version 2 for
Microsoft Word. This release includes a lite version of the DAISY Pipeline.
This will generate full text and full audio in a one-step process.

In addition, Microsoft announced Project Buttercup, which is a browser-based
player that uses Microsoft  silverlight  for the presentation of full text
and full audio.

The DAISY Press release can be found at:

I would like to thank the  staff and the consultants  who have been
working on this project. I also want to thank all of the beta testers who
submitted bugs; this process is essential to improve the software.

George Kerscher Ph.D.
In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.
Secretary General, DAISY Consortium
Senior Officer, Accessible Technology Recording For the Blind&  Dyslexic
Co-chair Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the W3C
Board Representative to the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Email: kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx Ends --------------------

Regards Steve
Email:  srp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:  steve1963

gui-talk mailing list
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for gui-talk: