blind_html [Fwd: Redneck Farm-Kid in the Marine Core]

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 13:16:03 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Redneck Farm-Kid in the Marine Core
Date:   Sun, 8 Mar 2009 12:11:56 -0700
From:   Alan Paganelli <alanandsuzanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Alan J. Paganelli <alzan@xxxxxxxxxx>

REDNECK FARM KID  in the ARMY
Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well.  Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine
Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick
before all of the places are filled.
I was restless at first because you get to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m.
But I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do
before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things.  No hogs to
slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically
nothing.
Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water.  Breakfast is
strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of
weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular
food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that
live on coffee. Their food,  plus yours,  holds you until noon   when you
get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.
We go on 'route marches,' which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to
harden us.  If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different.  A
'route march' is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys
get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.
The sergeant is like a school teacher.  He nags a lot.  The Captain is like
the school board.   Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They
don't bother you none.
This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing.  I keep getting medals for
shooting.   I don't know why.  The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk
head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at
home.  All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it.  You don't
even load your own cartridges They come in boxes.
Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training.  You get to
wrestle with them city boys.  I have to be real careful though, they break
real easy.  It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home.  I'm about
the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver
Lake . I only beat him once..  He joined up the same time as me, but I'm
only 5'6' and 130 pounds and he's 6'8' and near 300 pounds dry..
Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get
onto this setup and come stampeding in.
Your loving daughter,
Alice

Regards,
Alan

Please click on: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/ <http://www.home.earthlink.net/%7Ealanandsuzanne/>.
There, you'll find files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros keyboard.  I often add files so check back regularly!
The albums in Technics  format formerly on my website are still
available upon request.
__._,_.___
Messages in this topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/message/91690;_ylc=X3oDMTM1cDF0cWc0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEbXNnSWQDOTE2OTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjM2NTM5NTUzBHRwY0lkAzkxNjkw> (1) Reply (via web post) <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJwdWEzdWxqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEbXNnSWQDOTE2OTAEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMjM2NTM5NTUz?act=reply&messageNum=91690> | Start a new topic <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMWs5aWxoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMjM2NTM5NTUz> Messages <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJkZ2FrN21tBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbXNncwRzdGltZQMxMjM2NTM5NTUy> | Files <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJldnNkazdoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZmlsZXMEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mg--> | Photos <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMWpqNGxwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcGhvdARzdGltZQMxMjM2NTM5NTUy> | Links <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJla2ZycTBoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbGlua3MEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mg--> | Database <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJiZHVnbGMzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZGIEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mg--> | Polls <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaWQ1cGQ0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcG9sbHMEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mg--> | Calendar <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJjYmZjc2k0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDY2FsBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY1Mzk1NTI-> Yahoo! Groups <http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJjZ2k1dGdsBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZ2ZwBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY1Mzk1NTM-> Change settings via the Web <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJlb2NoYWY2BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc3RuZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mw--> (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:Blind-chit-chat-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:Blind-chit-chat-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional> Visit Your Group <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Blind-chit-chat;_ylc=X3oDMTJjMXQyYnVrBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzMxMDU1NARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUxODkwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDaHBmBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY1Mzk1NTM-> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> | Unsubscribe <mailto:Blind-chit-chat-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=>
Recent Activity

Give Back

Yahoo! for Good <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJsajlrZWxiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMzEwNTU0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRzZWMDbmNtb2QEc2xrA2JyYW5kBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY1Mzk1NTI-;_ylg=1/SIG=11314uv3k/**http%3A//brand.yahoo.com/forgood>

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free! <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJuYTB2MTd0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMzEwNTU0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTE4OTA1MgRzZWMDbmNtb2QEc2xrA3Rvb2xiYXIEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjUzOTU1Mg--;_ylg=1/SIG=11c6dvmk9/**http%3A//toolbar.yahoo.com/%3F.cpdl=ygrps>

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

--

Nimer M. Jaber

it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the
material from any computer.

Website:
http://www.empowertheblind.org