blind_html [Fwd: George Washington's Birthday - Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009]

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:53:55 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        George Washington's Birthday - Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009
Date:   Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:30:00 -0700
From: Kim Komando Show Daily Cool Site <kimscoolsitereply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     nimerjaber1 <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>

To make sure you continue to receive my e-mails in your Inbox (so they're not sent to a junk folder), please add *kimscoolsitereply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx* <mailto:kimscoolsitereply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to your address book or safe sender list.

The Kim Komando Show <http://www.komando.com/> Kim Komando's Cool Site of the Day Newsletter <http://www.komando.com/coolsites/>

America's Digital Goddess <http://www.komando.com/about/> Kim's Club <http://www.komando.com/kimsclub/> Shop <https://store.komando.com> Listen <http://www.komando.com/listen/> Columns <http://www.komando.com/columns/> Cool Sites <http://www.komando.com/coolsites/> Tips <http://www.komando.com/tips/> Buying Guide <http://www.komando.com/buyguide/> Video of the Day <http://videos.komando.com/>

Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009

Kim Komando - 100% Spam Free Guarantee
        Your e-mail address will never be sold to anyone, ever. I promise!

Enter Kim Komando's Gadget Giveaway Sweepstakes! <http://gadget.komando.com>

Support this free newsletter—Support our advertisers

PAID ADVERTISEMENT
* <http://www.stopzilla.com/products/stopzilla/landing.do?aid=10634>*
*FREE SCAN TO SEE
IF YOU HAVE SPYWARE *

See why millions trust
STOPzilla for protection from Spyware, Adware, Trojans,
Pop-ups & more.

• Award-winning technology
• Removes all forms of Malware
• Prevents future infections
Scan Your Computer Now! <http://www.stopzilla.com/products/stopzilla/landing.do?aid=10634>

KOMANDO ESTORE FEATURED ITEM

*THE PERFECT MUG FOR
COMPUTER USERS! <http://store.komando.com/p-437-lol-computer-mug.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=lol_mug&utm_campaign=top>
*
<http://store.komando.com/p-437-lol-computer-mug.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=lol_mug&utm_campaign=top>

• Hand-painted ceramic mug
• Microwave & dishwasher safe
• Large, lead-free and non-toxic
*GET YOURS NOW!* <http://store.komando.com/p-437-lol-computer-mug.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=lol_mug&utm_campaign=top>

*Today's Cool Site...*

 George Washington's Birthday

Yes, I know, we celebrated George Washington's birthday on Monday (Feb. 17). But that's just a convenient day established for federal workers.

That holiday, now called President's Day, falls on the third Monday of February. That way, federal workers get a three-day weekend.

There's nothing wrong with that. But tomorrow is Washington's real birthday. He'll be 277.

Washington receives very high marks from historians. He's at No. 2 in C-SPAN's 2009 ranking of presidents, trailing Abraham Lincoln. In 2000, he ranked No. 3. Washington and Franklin D. Roosevelt switched places this year.

Washington led our ragtag army in the Revolutionary War. I'll bet the British bookies' odds were pretty high against him. But he pulled it off. Most revolutions fail because the generals seize the government at war's end. Washington went home to farm, leaving ours to succeed.

He also led the Philadelphia Convention, following the war. That was no walk in the park. It was supposed to repair the government. But most delegates wanted something more. And many offered their own plans.

Washington kept the convention running, pushing for compromises. It was a success, producing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Washington was our first president, of course. His terms were marked by peace and prosperity. I guess he had seen enough war.

Washington had one great failing: He owned hundreds of slaves. He acknowledged that slavery should be abolished. But Washington freed his slaves only on his wife's death in 1802. That's hard to understand today. I guess you have to look at the times.

He passed in 1799. Washington's funeral oration was delivered by Henry Lee. He called Washington "first in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen."

Based on his total record, I give him an A+. It's a shame that his "birthday" is just a day to go fishing. But that's life. I think a lot of Honest Abe. But for me, Washington is The Man.

There's a lot of history on the Web about George Washington. But this Cool Site is different. It focuses on Mount Vernon, Washington's home.

*WIN A LAPTOP IN MY GADGET GIVEAWAY <http://gadgets.komando.com/>*
Enter my Gadget Giveaway today to win a brand new Dell laptop! This compact laptop offers an exceptional wireless, movie and multimedia experience. Plus, you'll be entered to win additional prizes valued at over $3,000. Entering is easy! Just go to gadgets.komando.com <http://gadgets.komando.com/> to enter my Gadget Giveaway. It is brought to you by PC Tools, now offering 25% savings on a range of PC Tools products <http://www.pctools.com/notices/komando/specialoffer.html?ref=cm-kk0902&utm_source=pct_cm&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=cm-kk0902&utm_content=newsletter> for a limited time!

Save 10% Today on the Ultimate Full Body Sensor at Komando.com! <http://store.komando.com/p-432-full-body-sensor.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=body_sensor&utm_campaign=gotd>

Daily Freebies at Komando.com
Every day, Team Komando produces some of the best content you'll find anywhere on the Internet. Here is a sampling of what's new on our site today!

• *Video of the Day* <http://videos.komando.com/2009/02/21/the-north-platte-canteen/>: Could baked treats ease the hardships of war? For millions of men in WWII they did. This is an amazing story of kindness.

• *News of the Day* <http://www.komando.com/dailynews/>: Keep up to date on all things digital with the Daily News at Komando.com. You'll find easy, fast video news releases, too!

• *Privacy Tip* <http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=4914>: How much could employers find out about you online? You may be surprised. You should know what's out there. I'll tell you how.

• *Download of the Day* <http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=6228>: Finding job ads isn't hard. There are dozens of job sites on the Web. But these are the best you can find.

• *Kids Tip* <http://www.komando.com/kids/tip.aspx?id=2645>: Many video games are not kid-friendly. Parental controls are a big help for parents. I'll tell how to use them on each gaming system.

TO VISIT TODAY'S COOL SITE, GO HERE:
www.mountvernon.org <http://www.mountvernon.org/>

*Tomorrow's Cool Site of the Day:* Time for the Oscars

Kim :)

<http://store.komando.com?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=header&utm_campaign=kim_stuff_inbody> <http://store.komando.com/p-63-kim-komando-show-mug.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=komando_mug&utm_campaign=kim_stuff_inbody> <http://store.komando.com/p-62-kim-komando-show-mouse-pad.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=komando_mousepad&utm_campaign=kim_stuff_inbody> <http://store.komando.com/p-64-kim-komando-show-polo-shirt.aspx?utm_source=l&utm_medium=email&utm_content=komando_polo&utm_campaign=kim_stuff_inbody>

Reprint Permission <http://www.komando.com/reprint-permission.aspx> | Advertise <http://www.komando.com/advertise.aspx> | Advertiser Comments <http://www.komando.com/advertise-comments.aspx> | Subscribe to our Newsletters <http://www.komando.com/newsletters/> | FAQs <http://www.komando.com/newsletters/faq.aspx>

Copyright © 2009, The Kim Komando Show. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Kim Komando Show is prohibited and strictly enforced. Newsletters may contain links to sites on the Internet owned and operated by third parties. The Kim Komando Show is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site. Information in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from infringement. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this information, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.

If you must, unsubscribe details are below. :/

You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, e-mail address and a printed copy of your Newsletter e-mail. Send to:
Unsubscribe Kim's Newsletter
2711 N. 24th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85008