blind_html Fwd: Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind

  • From: Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:24:56 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
Date:   Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:10:38 +0000
From:   Fred's Head <fredshead@xxxxxxx>
To:     nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx

 Fred's Head Companion - American Printing House for the Blind
 <http://www.fredshead.info/>

        Link to Fred's Head <http://www.fredshead.info/>

Call In Your Tweets to Twitter With TweetCall <http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/LKP4SHHuDpA/call-in-your-tweets-to-twitter-with.html>

There are already so many tools and tricks to enhance your micro-blogging experience with Twitter, well now it's possible to send your tweets by calling a number.

This voice-to-text service, called TweetCall, is not an April Fools' joke as I originally thought. I actually set myself up with the service on a test Twitter account, all you have to do is fill out a quick profile with your info, create a pin - and then dial 1-877-TWEET-CALL. I can't say I left a detailed 140 character message, but it did work as my message showed up on Twitter a few minutes after calling TweetCall. Keep in mind that it will say "from TweetCall" under your tweet.

Click this link to Tweet by voice with https://www.tweetcall.com <https://www.tweetcall.com>.

What Does That Cost? <http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/qmH53jN2AQs/what-does-that-cost.html>

/What It Costs/ is a website that provides information on the costs associated with a wide variety of services and concepts. Whether you want to know the price range of practical activities -- such as removing a tree stump from your yard, having your teeth whitened or joining a gym, or are interested in more unusual articles, such as the cost of climbing the Seven Summits, being cryogenically frozen or cleaning up a murder scene, you'll find all this and more on this website.

Their experienced team of writers research and compile the latest information on these and a host of other timely topics and present the facts in a thorough and easy-to-read format. New content is regularly added, so you will always find something new and exciting.

Next time you have a cost-driven decision to make, or are simply looking to be entertained, stop by http://www.WhatItCosts.com <http://www.whatitcosts.com>.

How to Soften Hands and Maintain Softness <http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/o44tzQVoOUY/how-to-soften-hands-and-maintain.html>

By Paisley Place

As a guide dog handler, I have extensive experience in the area of keeping working hands soft. A guide dog's harness material consists of leather, steel, and various heavy-threaded stitching. The harness handle that allows me to feel which direction my guide dog is going would leave heavy calluses on my hands if it was not for a specific soft-hands regimen I use frequently. It is extremely low-cost, once purchasing the initial supplies.

       Necessary Items:

   * Paraffin Wax Machine: available at most local department stores.
   * Quality paraffin wax:
     http://www.therabathpro.com/about_paraffin_new_rev.php
   * Post-paraffin wax lotion and Creamy body butter: best from Bath
     and Body Works
   * Cuticle Oil Gloves specifically for wearing with body butter
   * Sugar Scrub: choose your favorite scent

       Paraffin Machine, accessories, and other items:

First, find the best yet most affordable paraffin wax machine within your budget. One of the best machines is the Therabath Pro, available at the Therabath website (http://www.therabathpro.com); or the Med Supply Store (http://www.medsupplystore.com). Most paraffin machines come with a sample of wax that will work for the first few dips; however, it is best to purchase extra in a scent of your choice. This is where aromatherapy can be a blessing. Lavender promotes sleep and citrus scents promote a refreshing, awakening feeling. The Therabath website sells post-paraffin lotion. The lotion available at TheraBath works wonders on dry hands, feet, and elbows. The dry body areas will soak up the lotion, softening the tissue that will assist in turning those calluses and rough skin areas into creamy soft southern belle features. The same website offers refills of hand gloves, booties, and a facial set that will allow you many paraffin baths at a decent price.

The best body butter for hands and feet is available from Bath and Body Works. If there is an outlet nearby, purchase the products there. True Blue Spa's Cracked Heel Treatment is the best product available for dry, rough hands and equally dry cracked feet. True Blue Spa's Cuticle Treatment is another necessity. The Beauty Booties Moisturizing Gel socks are another item that works well. Remember these items cost anywhere from a third to half as much off retail at the Bath and Body Works Outlet Stores.

Sugar scrub, again the best is available from Bath and Body Works. This is another item that will help improve those hands. It helps the body as well. Choose a scent in the sugar scrubs based on your favorite scent or whatever aromatherapy mood you wish to set for yourself. Again, the outlet stores are less expensive than the retail stores.

       First-Time Ritual:

During the first month, use the following regimen...

Use sugar scrub. If preferable, use the sugar scrub all over your body by applying small amounts while taking a bath or shower. Run the water on low to save hot water. Apply a small amount of sugar scrub into your hands and rub lightly in a circular motion covering the entire hand from front palm to back. This sloughs off the dead skin leaving hands younger in appearance as well as brighter and healthier. Should you have sensitive skin, use the sugar scrub every other night or three nights a week with the nights spread out over the course of seven days. If applying all over the body, pay particular attention to elbows, back of upper arms, and feet. After your shower or bath, take special care exiting the tub or shower since the sugar scrub has oil and will make the tub and shower slippery. If you do an entire body scrub, be sure to keep a check on how much sugar scrub you have in your cabinet.

If you purchase the TheraBath Pro, there is no need to pre-heat the unit since it remains on and at the perfect temperature all the time. If you purchase another brand, remember to allow time for the unit to heat but not overheat or else you will be waiting for the wax to cool, which can take unnecessary time.

Wash hands and dry thoroughly in a fresh clean hand towel. Place plastic gloves and mitts near the machine to save time and enjoy the treatment. Take one hand at a time and dip into the paraffin lifting the hand out long enough to allow the wax to cool slightly before dipping again. Do this approximately 3 to 4 times to form a nice coat. Insert the hand with wax into the plastic glove and the gloved hand into the terry mitt to seal in the heat for as long as possible. Proceed with the other hand applying the same treatment. Keep mitts on hands until the wax is completely cool.

Remove the wax from hands and toss into trash. Cover your machine to get ready for the next step.

Rub hands well to ensure the removal of all the wax. This also rubs in the softening emollients from the wax. Apply a small but generous supply of post-wax lotion onto hands and rub in completely.

Prior to going to bed, apply a thick layer of True Blue Spa cuticle cream and cracked heal treatment to hands. Rub in well. Insert hands into gloves available at Bath and Body Works or similar type from a department store. Wear throughout the night and remove in the morning. Wash hands thoroughly and apply a smaller amount of cuticle treatment around nails and cuticles with a dab of cracked heel on hands to help moisturize and rehydrate your hands. Go about your day and repeat the treatment again in the evening.

One note of caution, do not use the sugar scrub all over the body every night as it might cause skin irritation. Use less sugar scrub if your hands become a bit raw. The secret to using the sugar scrub on the hands is to use a light touch when making the small circular patterns on front and back of the hand. If necessary, ask your neighborhood Bath and Body Works employee to show you how to apply on your hands. The store allows customers to sample many if not all of the products available in the store.

       After the first month:

Your hands should appear noticeably smoother and softer. If you opted to do the same with your feet, they should feel much softer and without calluses. From this point on, change your regimen to once or twice a week to maintain the current softness. If necessary, go with three times a week.

Remember to replenish the paraffin machine when the wax drops below the line level. Restock True Blue Spa items and sugar scrubs while products are on sale or if you locate a Bath and Body Works Outlet Store.

       Miscellaneous Information:

Use the same regimen for callused feet, dry elbows, and as a facial. The directions facial waxes are available at Therabath's website; however, DO NOT apply the sugar scrub on your face. Instead, opt for a high-quality facial exfoliating treatment product. Bath and Body Works in addition to other boutiques such as Belks, Sephora, Macy's, and Ulta carry high-quality exfoliating treatment products and hydration solutions. Many stores offer free facials and makeovers. I know Sephora offers a free makeup makeover. The women at Sephora stores will be able to give you the right information regarding an exfoliating treatment best for your skin.

I still work my guide dog and use the handle. Each time I meet another guide dog handler, particularly a woman handler, the first thing they ask is how I manage to keep from getting calluses from the handle on our dogs' harnesses. I give them the above-mentioned regimen. If one were to look and feel my hands, they would never know that I had a guide dog, let alone held onto a harness handle with thick leather, heavy stitching, and a steel bar beneath the leather. Even the trainers that stop by on the way from New York to Florida cannot believe how soft my hands are, despite working with my guide dog on a daily basis. This routine works wonders and best of all, it does away with the constant need to add lotion throughout the day. Once in the evening after waxing, before bed, and then first thing in the morning is all you need to keep your hands feeling soft. After the first month when your hands are at their best, a bit of Cracked Heel or Cuticle butter in the morning and before bed is enough to use twice a day to keep hands soft and supple.

Sacred Texts: Where to Get Them in Alternate Media <http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/FredsHeadCompanion/%7E3/yTzAdYHCRf4/sacred-texts-where-to-get-them-in.html>

       Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind

On this site, you'll find a variety of pages offering good Bible study and reference tools, for example, Lewis Sperry Chafer's /Systematic Theology/, Arno C. Gaebelein's /Annotated Bible Commentary/, along with more books by these and other authors. Additionally, over the last two years, a lot of time has been spent gathering and preparing New Testament Greek grammars, lexicons, and several versions of the Greek New Testament in braille ready files. You will also find recorded messages from the annual Bartimaeus Bible Conference, as well as interesting articles and life stories on the personal pages.

Some of the books come in braille ready files and print format, the majority only in print. Things believed to be under copyright in the Christian Bookshare section or in the Braille Library section require a qualified membership to access, but , there are plenty of Public Domain articles and books. >>

If you are not familiar with the website, > http://bartimaeus.us>do come check it out and see if there is anything you find of interest: >> http://bartimaeus.us.

       DAISY Scriptures

This web page contains Daisy audio and text versions of scriptures from several faiths, perhaps most notably the New International Version of the Bible and the Qu'ran.

Click this link to visit the DAISY Scriptures website <http://www.cucat.org/books/scriptures/scriptures.php>.

       Helping Hands Braille Ministry

The Helping Hands Braille Ministry has a great number of braille books that relate to the church and some braille Hymnals. There are too many to list here, but you can click this link to see their entire list of books <http://brailleministry.org/braille-book%20list.htm>.

       KITABA: Islamic Texts for the Blind

The Islamic Texts for the Blind project is a social enterprise community project dedicated to empowering and promoting the growth and well being of visually impaired Muslims and their communities through meeting their religious, educational and developmental needs, thereby advancing accessibility and awareness.

To read more about KITABA, volunteer or become a member, please visit http://www.kitaba.org <http://www.kitaba.org>.

       Bibles for the Blind

Biblesfortheblind.org <http://www.biblesfortheblind.org> prints and distributes the Bible in braille without charge to the blind and visually impaired throughout the world who are otherwise unable to afford to read God's Word.

Biblesfortheblind.org has announce that the BRF files they use to create hard copy braille bibles are available on their website. The KJV Bible, 17 BRF files, The daily devotional My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers 4 BRF files and more are ready for download at: http://www.biblesfortheblind.org.

       Unitarian Universalist Resources for People with Vision Impairments

The following resources are now available for those with impaired vision.

Spoken Word

The following are currently available on four-track audio tapes with tone indexing and Braille labels.

   * /UU World/: No cost from Identity-Based Ministries.
   * /Chosen Faith/: Two-tape set is $12 from the Massachusetts
     Association for the Blind.
   * /UU (Unitarian Universalist) meditation manuals/: From the
     Massachusetts Association for the Blind.
   * /UU Pocket Guide/: From the Massachusetts Association for the Blind.

MP3 format CD

The following is spoken word, searchable, and with tone indexing:

   * /Welcoming Children with Special Needs/ by Sally Patton: No cost
     from Identity-Based Ministries.

Digital Files in Microsoft Word

These can be sent as an email attachment or a CD, and converted on an individual computer to any size font for printing, to spoken word (screen reader), or to Braille.

   * /Unitarian Universalist Pocket Guide/: No cost from Identity-Based
     Ministries.
   * /Singing the Living Tradition, all lyrics and readings/: No cost
     from Identity-Based Ministries.
   * /Soul Work: Anti-Racist Theologies in Dialogue/, edited by
     Marjorie Bowens-Wheatley and N.P. Jones: No cost from
     Identity-Based Ministries.
   * /Weaving the Fabric of Diversity/ (Religious Education
     curriculum): No cost from Identity-Based Ministries.

Because of copyright restrictions, these alternative format media are for use only by people who cannot utilize them in regular printed form.

Contact Information

Email: access@xxxxxxx <mailto:access@xxxxxxx> or
interconnections@xxxxxxx <mailto:interconnections@xxxxxxx>

The Massachusetts Association for the Blind has hundreds of books on 4-track tape for sale, including, many progressive books. For more information, email rpierson @ mabcommunity.org <mailto:rpierson> or call 617-926-4232.

       Christian Record Services

Christian Record Services provides free Christian publications and programs for people with visual impairments. The goal of the many volunteers, employees, and trustees of Christian Record Services is to reach every blind or visually impaired person in North America with their free Christian publications and services. Services include:

   * Subscription Magazines are available in braille, large print, and
     audio cassette.
   * Full-Vision Books combine braille and print, enabling blind
     parents to read to their sighted children and sighted parents help
     their blind children learn to read braille.
   * The Lending Library lends more than 2,000 volumes in braille and
     audio cassette.
   * Gift Bibles and Study Guides are available in braille, large
     print, and audio cassette.
   * National Camps for Blind Children are operated throughout North
     America.
   * Scholarship Assistance is given on a limited basis to blind young
     people trying to obtain a college education.

For more information, contact:

Christian Record Services, Inc. / National Camps for Blind Children
4444 South 52nd Street
Lincoln NE 68516-1302
Phone: 402-488-0981
Fax: 402-488-7582
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web: http://christianrecord.org

       Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.

Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, or BAB Inc., was designed and created primarily to minister to the needs of blind and deaf-blind individuals for Bible teaching and ministry; to promote Christian growth through Bible centered teaching and fellowship; and to provide study and reference materials centered in the Christian faith.

Born the 4th of July on a farm in western Iowa, Grant Metcalf gradually lost his sight over the space of a year as a result of an injury suffered when he was 7 years old. Enrolled at the Iowa School for the Blind at 8, he graduated high school in 1958. Soon, Grant moved to the San Francisco bay area where he met and married his wife, Judi--they have 2 daughters; Shari and Pam, and 1 grandson, Anthony.

Grant has worked as a masseur; mechanic (rebuilding automatic transmissions); musician; darkroom technician and medical transcriber at Seton Medical Center; and as Executive Director, President and General Manager of The East Bay Center for the Blind in Berkeley, California.

Nelly Metcalf, Grant's mother, was a devout Christian who would read the Bible to her son and pray with and for him. Her last gift to Grant was a braille Bible when he was 15.

Grant has always been active in the local church. He has scrubbed bathrooms, taught Sunday School, accompanied congregational singing, provided special music, served as a deacon, and occasionally preached at Gospel missions.

Grant now serves as coordinator of the Bartimaeus Bible Conference. This annual event has provided an opportunity for ministry in a special way to the blind. Out of this activity has grown the Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, a non-profit, Christian organization, dedicated to serving blind and deaf-blind individuals through a Bible teaching ministry: promoting Christian growth through Bible centered teaching and fellowship, as well as making available study and reference materials centered in the Christian faith.

For more information, contact:

Grant E. Metcalf
Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Inc.
P.O. Box 572
South San Francisco, CA 94083-0572
Phone: 650-589-6890
Web: http://bartimaeus.us

       The Bible In Excel

John Walkenbach of The J-Walk Blog: http://j-walkblog.com <http://j-walkblog.com> has created an Excel version of The Bible.

"I found a text file with the complete King James Version of the Bible. I wrote a few macros and dumped it all into an Excel workbook. Each book is on a separate worksheet, and each verse is in a separate cell.

It has a handy hyperlink table of contents so you can jump to any book. I also wrote some summary formulas to calculate the number of characters in each book, and the average number of characters per verse. Then I added a word count feature: Enter a word and it displays the number of occurrences in each book."

You can click this link to download The Bible In Excel <http://j-walkblog.com/docs/king-james-bible.zip>. It's a 1.8 Mb zip file, and it expands to a 6.1Mb Excel workbook.

       USB Digital Holy Bible Key Chain

Would you like to carry the Holy Bible in your pocket? Well, now you can enjoy the scriptures any time you want with this remarkable USB Holy Bible.

The complete Bible is contained in a fixed memory test file format that you can easily access through your computer or laptop's USB port. Small enough to put on your key chain, the USB Holy Bible has a highly detailed leather look with gold lettering to make it an attractive and meaningful piece to carry with you.

The complete King James Translation of The Holy Bible is included on the keychain, and there's a sliding switch on the rear of the bible which slides out to expose the USB interface plug. It plugs into any Windows PC USB port (not Mac or Windows 98 compatible) and displays all 66 books of the Bible on your computer screen. There's even a search function, making this a unique gift or keepsake.

In the minds of some individuals the King James Translation of 1611 has become the only legitimate translation of the Bible in the English language. As far as they are concerned, all other translations are unfaithful and purposefully misleading.

The King James Version (KJV) is an English translation of the Holy Bible, commissioned for the benefit of the Church of England at the behest of King James I of England. First published in 1611, it has had a profound impact not only on most English translations that have followed it, but also on English literature as a whole. The works of famous authors such as John Bunyan, John Milton, Herman Melville, John Dryden, and William Wordsworth are replete with inspiration apparently derived from the King James Version.

The King James Version has deeply influenced Bibles such as the English Revised Version, the New American Standard Bible, and the Revised Standard Version. The only Bible which can legitimately be called a 'revision' is the New King James Version, since it is based on the same Greek texts - the Textus Receptus.

Click this link to order the USB Digital Holy Bible Key Chain: http://www.davidsteele.com/usb_digital_bible.html <http://www.davidsteele.com/usb_digital_bible.html>.

       Electronic Bibles

You can now purchase electronic versions of The Bible. Click this link to visit http://www.talkingbibles.org <http://www.talkingbibles.org> or click here to visit http://www.audioscriptures.org <http://www.audioscriptures.org>.

Talking Bibles International
419 East Grand Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Phone: 760-745-8105
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

       The Solar Powered Talking Bible

Need your bible on the go? Got bad vision? Dependent on solar power? Then the Solar Powered Talking Bible is for you! It's easy to use, no batteries required, and runs about 14 hours on a full charge. And it comes with a free set of earbuds!

The Solar Powered Talking Bible is perfect for the 50+ crowd, the visually impaired, or anyone on-the-go who wants to hear the Word of the Lord."

Order by phone from First Street Online: 866-915-8324 and mention promo code: 33063 or Click this link to visit shop.com to learn more <http://www.shop.com/op/%7ESolar_Powered_Talking_Bible-prod-35718930-47736956?sourceid=3>.

       The Bible in MP3 Audio Format

Welcome to the AudioTreasure site where you can download the Bible in the popular mp3 audio format and find links to Bible audio resources in many languages.

(Some of their mp3 Bibles can be legally copied and given to others.)

You can also order Bibles in mp3 audio and DVD format from their online store.

         Bibles in mp3 available for Free Download

   * /The World English Bible/ Old and New Testaments
   * /The King James Bible/ voice only
   * /The King James Bible/ soft music background
   * /Hebrew Old Testament/ narrated by ASI
   * /Spanish Reina Valera/ Nuevo Testamento y Salmos
   * /The Mandarin Bible/ narrated by ASI Old and New Testaments
   * /Cantonese NT/ narrated by ASI
   * /Italian New Testament/ narrated by ASI
   * /Hindi New Testament/ narrated by ASI
   * /Russian New Testament/ narrated by ASI

Click this link to listen to download these texts as MP3 files: http://www.audiotreasure.com <http://www.audiotreasure.com>. The New International Version of The Bible can be streamed from BibleGateway.com <http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/audio/?source=3>.

         Links to more Bible audio in different languages

Audio Scriptures International has produced The Bible in 68 languages which are now available in the RealAudio format from their website. Click this link to visit AudioScriptures.org <http://www.audioscriptures.org>.

If you are looking for a bible in large print or braille, the following agencies offer different versions in alternate formats:

   * Braille Bible Foundation
     Phone: (800) 766-9080
     The /Braille - King James Version/ is available in large Print -
     16, 18 and 24 pt. Also available on tape. These bibles are offered
     free of charge.

   * Freedom Scientific has a copy of The Bible in electronic braille
     on their FTP server. To download a ZIP archive use the following link.

     Click this link to download The Bible from Freedom Scientific:
     ftp://ftp4.freedomscientific.com/Blazie/books/bible/
     <ftp://ftp4.freedomscientific.com/Blazie/books/bible/>

   * American Bible Society
     Phone: (212) 408-1200
     The following versions are available in braille:
     /Complete King James Version/
     /Psalms New Revised Standard Version/
     /New Testament New Revised Standard Version (5 volumes)/
     The following versions are available on tape:
     /Complete King James Version/
     /Complete King James Version in Spanish/
     /Complete Today's English Version/
     /Psalms - Today's English Version/

   * Bibles for the Blind and Visually Handicapped International.
     Phone: (812) 466-4899
     /The King James Version/ - Available in Braille, free

   * Hosanna Ministries
     Phone: (800) 545-6552
     /The Holy Bible/ available in English and Spanish

   * Lutheran Braille Workers Union
     Phone: (800) 925-6092
     /The complete New International Version/ is available in braille.
     Parts of the /New International Version/ are available in
     different languages. The /International Children's Bible/ is
     available in GRADE 1 Braille.
     The /Complete New International Version/ is also available in
     large Print - 18 pt.

   * Christian Church Without Walls
     Address: P. O. Box 26247
     Wilmington, DE 19899
     /The King James/ and /the New American Standard/ Version are
     available in large print 13.5 pt. Send a written request stating
     that you are legally blind, and what version you want to receive.
     These bibles are free of charge.

   * Aurora Ministries
     Phone: 941-748-3031
     Address: P. O. Box 621
     Bradenton, Florida 34206
     Old Testament, New Testament, and Bible Studies materials are
     available free of charge.

   * The National Library Service (NLS) has a list of sources for
     sacred writings on their FTP server. This is a large text
     document, around 38 pages, so you will probably want to use your
     word processor's search feature to find the book or books you are
     looking for. The list includes sources of braille, large print and
     audio formats of several different editions of the Bible and of
     sacred writings from other major religions such as the Koran, the
     Torah, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. For
     more information, call the NLS at the toll-free number below.

     National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
     Toll Free: 800-424-8567
     Email: nls@xxxxxxx <mailto:nls@xxxxxxx>
     Web: http://www.loc.gov/nls/

   * Bible Gateway: http://bible.gospelcom.net
     <http://bible.gospelcom.net/>

     Bible Gateway provides the Bible online for both research and
     study purposes. Currently, there are eleven different versions
     available in nineteen languages including German, Swedish, Latin,
     French, Spanish, Arabic, and Tagalog (the main Philippine
     dialect). Additional versions and translations are being added as
     permissions to use these are obtained.

   * Biblseekr: http://www.bibleseeker.org <http://www.bibleseeker.org>

     Biblseekr is considered by some to be the most accessible Bible
     search program. Some new versions of the Bible have recently been
     added to its options.

   * Large Print Documents on CD

     "Prayers & Psalms for Today" is a CD that can help in all kinds of
     life situations. It includes selections from Prayers and
     Thanksgivings, Prayers for the Sick, Prayers for Use by a Sick
     Person, as well as The Psalter from The Book of Common Prayer
     (1979) of The Episcopal Church, USA.

     The CD is in APhont, a special font designed for people who are
     blind or visually impaired. The font was developed by the American
     Printing House for the Blind <http://www.aph.org>. The CD is
     formatted in Microsoft Word. The main body is in 20 point. The
     material is laid out for 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

     The material on "Prayers & Psalms for Today" can be printed out
     and distributed to the blind or visually impaired, including
     shut-ins, college and seminary students, clergy, people in nursing
     homes, prisons, and hospitals. The prayers and Psalms can be made
     into a booklet. ISN'T TECHNOLOGY AMAZING?

     Blind individuals with electronic notetakers and special software,
     and visually-impaired people with access to computers can use the
     CD. Optical character reader equipment that can read documents
     formatted in Microsoft Word should also be able to read the
     "Prayers & Psalms for Today" and "The LARGE-PRINT Book of Common
     Prayer" CD material.

     "The LARGE-PRINT Book of Common Prayer" CD includes the entire
     Book of Common Prayer of the ECUSA (1979). It is formatted in
     Microsoft Word, 18 point type and is laid out for 8.5 x 11 inch
     paper. The BCP CD can be used to help prepare large-print worship
     materials. It was also suggested that it can be adapted and used
     to help children.

     Both CDs have been distributed to bishops, clergy, deacons,
     churches, seminaries, colleges, bookstores, resource centers,
     prison ministries, eye-care professionals, hospitals, military and
     veterans' hospitals, mental-health ministries, and individuals
     throughout the U.S. They've been ordered by ECUSA, United
     Methodist, Free Methodist, Anglican, and Assembly of God churches
     and/or social service agencies.

     To order "Prayers & Psalms for Today" or "The LARGE-PRINT Book of
     Common Prayer" CD, please send a self-addressed, stamped 6x9
     envelope with three 39 cent stamps attached (four if it's a padded
     envelope) to me at:

     Ann Dahlen
     1900 6th Avenue, Apt. 513
     Rock Island, IL 61201.

     If you need more information, please email me at
     anndahlen3@xxxxxxx <mailto:anndahlen3@xxxxxxx> or
     largeprinthelp@xxxxxxx <mailto:largeprinthelp@xxxxxxx>.

The E-Sword Bible Program is a powerful study tool featuring several versions of the Bible as well as dictionaries and commentaries. the program is quite usable with speech, and to make it more useful, there is a low-traffic mailing list where users can ask and answer accessibility questions. To join, send a blank message to eSword-Accessibility-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:eSword-Accessibility-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

       Optasia Ministry

Optasia Ministry has formed for the purpose of providing free, significant Bible study resources to those with visual disabilities who use screen reading software. Operating under a provision of the U.S. Copyright Code, Optasia Ministry is able to provide free materials such as commentaries, Greek and Hebrew word study, theological and ministry resources to those with visual disabilities. Also available is a New International Version Bible (and other Bible versions) which work well on a Braille note taker. Many of these copyrighted resources are not available to those with visual disabilities in any other way.

For more information, contact:

Tom Vos, director
Optasia Ministry, Inc.
185th St.
Wellsburg, IA 50680
Phone: 641-869-3305
Email: OptasiaMinistry@xxxxxxxx <mailto:OptasiaMinistry@xxxxxxxx>
Web: http://www.optasiaministry.org

You are subscribed to email updates from Fred's Head <http://www.fredshead.info/> To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now <http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailunsubscribe?k=8-2kaZRd4bxXdG7ejs8aee6JWUk>. Email delivery powered by Google Inbox too full? (feed) <http://feeds2.feedburner.com/FredsHeadCompanion> Subscribe <http://feeds2.feedburner.com/FredsHeadCompanion> to the feed version of Fred's Head in a feed reader. If you prefer to unsubscribe via postal mail, write to: Fred's Head, c/o Google, 20 W Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610

blind_html
blind_html-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with unsubscribe in the subject line.
To access the archives, please visit: