blind_html [Fwd: BAH Press Release: Freedom Scientific and theSendero Group Announce Collaboration]

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:52:37 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: BAH Press Release: Freedom Scientific and theSendero Group Announce Collaboration
Date:   Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:15:49 -0400
From:   Lisa <whitedove621@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     <blindAccessHelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Media Contact: Brad Davis
> 800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000
> Sales:
> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <>
> On the Road to Better Navigation
> Freedom Scientific and the Sendero Group Announce Collaboration
> (St. Petersburg, Florida - March 10, 2009) - Freedom Scientific, the
> world's leading producer of technology for people who are blind, has
> announced a joint
> development project with the Sendero Group, world leaders in GPS
> navigation technology that takes into account the unique needs of blind
> people.
> Jonathan Mosen, Freedom Scientific's Vice President of Blindness
> Hardware Product Management, says the benefits of this cooperation
> will be evident for
> all to see and use by mid-year.
> "We've raised the bar very high for a major new release of our
> StreetTalkT GPS navigation software for PAC Mate Omni," Mosen said.
> "Customers have asked
> us for enhancements such as a virtual mode, intelligent pedestrian
> routing, and other blindness-specific features. The combination of
> the Sendero Group's
> technology and the powerful, intuitive StreetTalk user interface will
> deliver the best accessible GPS solution available, and all on the
> indispensable
> device that never leaves the side of an increasing number of blind
> people. Plus, it will be a single application that will install
> quickly and easily.
> I've been using this product as the development has continued, and,
> as a user, I'm delighted with the results."
> President and CEO of the Sendero Group, Mike May, has welcomed the
> relationship.
> "We recognize that PAC Mate OmniT is the device of choice for many
> blind people in employment and education. We're pleased that our
> technology will assist
> PAC Mate Omni users to know what's around them and reach their
> destination, whether that be on foot, public transport, or when in a
> car being the co-pilot
> for a sighted driver," May said.
> The new StreetTalk VIP, retaining the familiar StreetTalk look and
> feel but powered by the Sendero Group's GPS technology, is expected
> to be released in
> the middle of 2009. An upgrade for existing StreetTalk users will be
> available.
> It will also be demonstrated in Jonathan's PAC Mate Omni presentation at
> the
> CSUN conference,
> from 9:20 to 10:20 AM on Wednesday morning in the St. Louis Room at
> the Marriott.
> For more information ,including a full pricing schedule, please visit
> the StreetTalk VIP Web page.

Messages in this topic <;_ylc=X3oDMTM3Y3EzY2dzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRtc2dJZAMxNzE5MARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjYEdHBjSWQDMTcxOTA-> (1) Reply (via web post) <;_ylc=X3oDMTJyY3ZyaW91BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRtc2dJZAMxNzE5MARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY-?act=reply&messageNum=17190> | Start a new topic <;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcW1sZmpnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY-> Messages <;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNmw3N3BrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtc2dzBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY-> | Files <;_ylc=X3oDMTJndXBqbjI3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNmaWxlcwRzdGltZQMxMjM2Nzg4MTY2> | Photos <;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNWdjamdxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY-> | Links <;_ylc=X3oDMTJncHNla2dtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNsaW5rcwRzdGltZQMxMjM2Nzg4MTY2> | Database <;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdThxMDczBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNkYgRzdGltZQMxMjM2Nzg4MTY2> | Polls <;_ylc=X3oDMTJncjNjZHZvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNwb2xscwRzdGltZQMxMjM2Nzg4MTY2> | Members <;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdWJhdWpvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY-> | Calendar <;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbDU2bWFyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNjYWwEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjc4ODE2Ng--> This list is owned by Jimmy Podsim. Moderator Frank. If you have any questions or complaints, please send them to
blindAccessHelp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .  I hope you find this list helpful.

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods <*> Yahoo! Groups <;_ylc=X3oDMTJlM2c4OHE1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjc4ODE2Ng--> Change settings via the Web <;_ylc=X3oDMTJnaGY0Nm1sBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNzdG5ncwRzdGltZQMxMjM2Nzg4MTY2> (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest <mailto:blindAccessHelp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest> | Switch format to Traditional <mailto:blindAccessHelp-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional> Visit Your Group <;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMmxoODA3BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNocGYEc3RpbWUDMTIzNjc4ODE2Ng--> | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <> | Unsubscribe <mailto:blindAccessHelp-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=>
Recent Activity

     New Members

Visit Your Group <;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMjM1Zm41BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE5MTE4NjU4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNzcwOQRzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEyMzY3ODgxNjY->
Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone <*>

Passionate about cars?

Check out the Auto Enthusiast Zone.

Yahoo! Groups

Join people over 40 <*>

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog <*>

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the