[blind-prog] Re: blind-prog Digest V4 #7

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'blind-prog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <blind-prog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:04:15 -0400

Hi Annabel,  I have never used Rumba but I have used Pcom and Attachmate.  I
think it is the same for all though.
I only have Pcom on my desktop so I can give you the instructions for it but if
you are using one of the others you will have to look for where to change the
settings.

For Pcom:
First you need to set the cursor to blinking otherwise JAWS can not track it.
Alt + E to take you to the edit menu, arrow up to "Preferences", right arrow to
appearance,  right arrow to colour mapping and arrow down to "display settings"
and press enter.  Here you can set the cursor to blinking and choose its shape
which should be underline for best results.  This will allow JAWS to track the
cursor and make things workable.
I also turn off rule line just to have less clutter on the screen.

I have a set of jaws scripts I have been developing.  They are not 100%
complete but they are functional.  I have developed them for my needs only and
not with the general public in mind.  They do make things easier for me and if
you want to take a look I can send them to you.
I will have to write up some instructions for you but they are quite
straightforward.  Let me know if you want them.  I also have a customized key
map file for the pcom emulator which make the keyboard a little more like a
regular desktop lay out.  I can include it in with the scripts if you are
interested.
Let me know if you want these and if you need more help.
Regards
Tom Bisset
Retail Investment Products, PCG TD
BMO Financial Group