[blind-chess] Re: Problem Layout Options

  • From: LiveInSpirit@xxxxxxx
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:00:27 EDT

fen is my preference, but algebraic is fine too. And in regards to the
screen reader question, words or letters are fine, king or k works.
Thanks.
Lis

In a message dated 5/11/2010 2:36:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
amrywoddyddiauheulog@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I find  Forsyth easy enough to decipher, though Algebraic is quite
straightforward,  too. Whichever whay they present themselves is fine, as far
as I'm
 concerned.

Rebecca

On 2010-05-10, at 11:35 PM, R Dinger wrote:

How do you want problems displayed in the so-called  algebraic style?  I
have a sample below for a game starting  setup.  I used spelled out names
thinking it is easier for screen  readers.  Braille users may disagree,
however.
 What do you folks  say?

Problem Layout:

FEN:
rnbqkbnr/
pppppppp/
8/
8/
8/
8/
PPPPPPPP/
RNBQKBNR

Algebraic:

White:
King e1
Queen d1
Bishops c1 and  f1
Knights b1 and g1
Rooks a1 and h1
Pawns a2, b2, c2, d2, e2, f2,  g2 and h2
Black:
King e8
Queen d8
Bishops c8 and f8
Knights  b8 and g8
Rooks a8 and h8
Pawns a7, b7, c7, d7, e7, f7, g7 and  h7

=