From: Johannes Grib <johannes@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:38 AM
To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-chess] Re: More on time control, vacations and illness

General suggestions and remarks:
1. If you need to claim a game on time, it is always helpful to have copies of
the e-mail you sent and received.  Having receipts that your opponent actually
received and read your mail will also not hurt your case.

I want to suggest that we keep a black list of players with known time
violations. Perhaps with a condition to be removed from that only if such a
player complete 3 consecutive games in a timely manner.

It is all about commitment and priorities, I'm so committed that I'm teaching
my wife to play so we can spend time together, smile.  BTW: she won the prize
for the best female player at a recent over the board tournament, she was the
only lady.

Visualization and time management also help, I make time to read my mail and if
the game is not to complicated I can answer it with out feeling my board,
Saving the time of packing a board.  Unfortunately this method has a price,
once you made a blunder, the mail is gone, out, and you will probably lose the
game.

Finally, it's very annoying if you have an e-mail in your sent items and your
opponent does not answer, saying "I thought it's still your turn to move".

Well, thank you all for a great chess mailing list.

With kind regards
Johannes