[blind-chess] Lewis, Re: Re: 3 Questions for Fall-Winter Tournament

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:26:18 -0700

Hello Lewis,

See my responses in your message below.
  ----- Original Message -----
  Subject: [blind-chess] Re: 3 Questions for Fall-Winter Tournament

  Richard,
  I have three different questions.
  1. Can the elo ratings be as of Sept. 30?
  # I don't think I will have enough time to arrange the pairings and publish
the final instructions that late.

  2. I don't understand what "black goes first" means. Is that when the
variation/opening changes?
  # Each of the three specified opening moves sequences end in a White move so
Black is the first one to actually make amove in all the games.

  3. Can we play 2 games a month or do yoy eant this to continue throughout
2011? Thank you.
  # I think one game a month in this tournament is plenty as many of our
players are in other tournaments as well such as our own Ladder Tournament.  In
addition, the time differences between some players may be too great for
several moves a day.  The schedule for this tournament is six games in six
months.  If most want a game every two weeks instead, we can certainly do so,
however, and finish by years end.

  Richard
  Lewis
  "knightrider"