[blind-chess] Invitation to a Free Almost Over-The-Board Chess Tournament

Hi Chess Players,

You are invited to play in our December-January World Chess Parlor Tournament.
It will be finished before January 21, so that Lea and Mark can play.
All are welcome to play.
This is not a USBCA sponsored event.

It is a 4 round swiss stylle tournament.
A game usually lasts a couple of hours.
You may request and receive a half point bye in Round 1.
The full rules will be e-mailed with Round 1 pairings.

To enter this free tournament, simply e-mail me at jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx by
Wednesday, December 14 at 11:00 A.M. EST, which is 16:00 UTC or GMT.

Thank you, Mark, for your excellent direction of our last tournament!

Jim Slagle, Tournament Director

Also you are invited to attend our weekly World Chess Parlor
Club Meeting on Saturday in the Chess Parlor at
for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
16:30 GMT or UTC.
Everything is free!
We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons, even if
you have never played this great game.
If you have any chess questions or would like to arrange a
game, please attend the meeting.
Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things will be
discussed.
Our tournaments are free and open to all, including
beginners.
You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the Chess
Parlor.
A game is played in a couple of hours.
It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
A microphone cost less than ten dollars.

P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
It is free.
To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
If you have a problem in registering or in entering the
Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTPTechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com, to
subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the
e-mail list link.

Keep checking,
Jim Slagle
U.S.A. Phone: 609 945 5415
=========The blind-chess mailing list
View list information and change your settings:
http://www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======