[blind-chess] Re: Invitation to Play in a Free Almost-Over-The-Board Chess Tournament

  • From: Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peeps-talk yahoogroups <peeps-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 09:20:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Chess Players,

You are invited to play in our January-February 2011 Swiss System Chess
Tournament.
Usually, each game takes a couple of hours.
You will play four games in the for-the-people.com Chess Parlor.
It is voice-chat chess.
See below.

Brook Sexton is the Tournament Director.
If you want to play, just e-mail her or me by Friday, December 31, at 6:00 P.M.
EST.
This is 23:00 UTC/GMT.

The exact rules will be e-mailed with the Round 1 pairings.

Best wishes,
Jim Slagle
USA Phone 609 945 5415

Also, you are invited to attend our weekly International Chess Club Meeting on
Saturday in the Chess Parlor at for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. EST, 16:30
UTC/GMT.
Everything is free!
We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons, even if
you have never played this great game.
If you have any chess questions or would like to arrange a
game, please attend the meeting.
Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things will be discussed.
Our tournaments are free and open to all, including beginners.
You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the Chess Parlor.
A game is played in a couple of hours.
It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
A microphone cost less than ten dollars.

P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
It is free.
To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
If you have a problem in registering or in entering the
Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTPTechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com, to
subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the
e-mail list link.

Keep checking,
Jim Slagle
U.S.A. Phone: 609 945 5415
=========The blind-chess mailing list
View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======