[blind-chess] Re: Annotated games feedback

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:38:47 -0700

Hi Rod,

Both the background and the games are quite interesting.

Those that do not want to look at the bio material can always skip over it, but if that material was not included those interested would have no alternative. So I say leave it in, but continue to flag sections for anyone that wants to skip something.

Richard
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roderick Macdonald" <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 11:05 PM
Subject: [blind-chess] Annotated games feedback

Hi all,

I have now posted two annotated games and would like to solicit some feedback, especially on one point:

In posting the two games (and those planned), I have included fairly lengthy biographies of the players. I think this is of interest - I think I think. If folks feel otherwise please do speak up. But assuming the bios are of itnerest, the next question is ... do I include the bios with every game, even if the bio for one or the other player has appeared previously? Or do I just give a bio for players who have not appeared int hese games previously? In the first case each game can stand alone and folks who may not have see past games will still ahve the bio information. Int he second case previously-submitted information is not re-sent so things are shorter.

I do hope to give fairly comprehensive background material on plaayers who were recognized as World Champions or United States Champions. As an example I included a fair amount of information about Adolf Anderssen in Annotated Game #002. If you would prefer shorter "stuff" by all means speak up.

Rod
========== The blind-chess mailing list View list information and change your settings: //www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess List archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/blind-chess =========