[bksvol-discuss] Re: your book has not been accepted

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:21:52 -0500

Validaters can and do leave comments about their reasons for rejecting books. Knowing Bud's quality of scan, I am frankly surprised and am wondering if maybe a volunteer who isn't on this list worked on it and rejected it thinking something was unfixably wrong. Most people who are on this list know where to find Bud since he posts here often. So I would take this rejection with a healthy grain of salt and try Lissi's suggestion of submitting again. Lissi is a great validater, and she'll know how to get the book approved.

Monica Willyard

At 03:06 PM 1/18/2007, you wrote:
Dear Bud,

In your place, I'd be frustrated, too. If the person who rejected it doesn't contact you, would you be able to submit it again? I'd be willing to pick it up from step one and take plenty of time to go through it to find out why the validator rejected it. I could write to you off list and tell you what I found out. Then you could share your thoughts about it with the list or not. I'm diplomatic and not critical and admire the volunteers who scan because I haven't learned to do it yet, But, as a validator, I'm very familiar with the quirky tricks scanning equipment play that make us validators earn our keep.

So far I haven't had to reject a book yet, though if it was beyond fixing, I guess I would. I remember reading somewhere that validators can't leave comments when they reject a book, but not having been through that process, I could be flat out wrong.

You are a conscientious scanner, and I know you want the information to use so you can prepare the best possible files for submission. Let us know if you discover the glitch that caused the rejection or if you'd like for me to help you investigate.

Always with love,

Lissi