[bksvol-discuss] Re: yes, let's get tough.

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:32:26 -0700

Re: [bksvol-discuss] yes, let's get tough.That's an excellent idea!

Cat Lover Lori

  From: Jim <jazzpiano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:28:36 -0700
  To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] yes, let's get tough.

  Hi listers,
  Since bookshare has seen fit to raise credit for validators, we should get
tough.
  I was just up on the step one page, and the first two books I looked at, were
shown to be fair with many errors.
  My suggestion is this. If you know a book is fair with many errors, why are
you submitting it at all? If I get a book like that, chances are, I'm likely to
reject it. If you can't check your scans, clean them up and make them good,
then don't do it. Sure, I have submitted books that weren't good, and I had to
learn a lot of things, and I understand that. When you first start out you mess
up. I understand that, but come on, some of these books weren't submitted by
new folks just learning. We all have to do the best scans we can, it is up to
us, and no one else.
  Jim Rawls