[bksvol-discuss] Re: world e book fair is here for 2008

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 13:46:03 -0400

Hi, Dan.

I visited the world e-book fair web site you so kindly provided and I have a few questions. I would happily join the club ($8.95 seems a bargain) if
I understood more about it.

From what I tried searching for, it seems to me this is not a place for
best-sellers, old or new. I tried "Odd Hours," "Dean Koontz," "J.D. Robb,"
and "Creation in Death" and got a whole lot of clinical references, none
related to the best-selling books or authors I was looking for.

I am a sighted volunteer, so have no access to Bookshare's collection, but I do read pretty much only Large Print books and that is with reading glasses. And when I validate it's in 14-point type. So I am interested in e-books because I want
to be able to manipulate them to my taste.

Is this the wrong site for me?

Thanks so much,
Marilyn

On Jul 4, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

Hi all,

Here is the link to the world e book fair site. you can find hundreds of thousands of free e books there. It only lasts from today 07/04/08 through 08/04/08.

www.worldebookfair.org

You will find literally all kinds of books out there.

If someone could post this on the bookshare-discuss list it might be of interest there too. I unsubscribed due to the traffic load.

Have fun.