[bksvol-discuss] Re: will submit shortly, Lady In Blue

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

fascinating.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] will submit shortly, Lady In Blue
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 1:43 PM

Hi all,

I thought this title might interest several of you, so am
posting a synopsis.  I should get this submited either tonight or tomorrow
morning.  If you want me to hold it for you, let me know.  And BTW, Sister
María Jesús de Agreda was a real nun, who actually was reported to have these
powers.

Cheers,

Donna

Synopsis (from the B&N website)

In Los
Angeles, Jennifer Narody has been having a series of disturbing dreams
involving eerie images of a lady dressed in blue. What she doesn't know is that
this same spirit appeared to leaders of the Jumano Native American tribe in New
Mexico 362 years earlier, and was linked to a Spanish nun capable of powers of
"bilocation," or the ability to be in two places simultaneously.
Meanwhile, young journalist Carlos Albert is driven by a blinding snowstorm to
the little Spanish town of Ágreda, where he stumbles upon a nearly forgotten
seventeenth-century convent founded by this same legendary woman. Intrigued by
her rumored powers, he delves into finding out more. These threads, linked by
an apparent suicide, eventually lead Carlos to Cardinal Baldi, to an American
spy, and ultimately to Los Angeles, where Jennifer Narody unwittingly holds the
key to the mystery that the Catholic Church, the U.S. Defense Department, and
the journalist are each determined to decipher -- the Lady in Blue.

Publishers Weekly

Destiny
propels an agnostic journalist to rediscover his faith in this intriguing
paranormal puzzler about a mysterious bilocating "lady in blue" from
bestseller Sierra (The Secret Supper). In 1629, Sister María Jesús de Ágreda
appeared more than 500 times to the Jumano Indians of New Mexico and converted
them to Christianity-without ever leaving her monastery in Spain. (The
Inquisition suspected her of witchcraft.) In 1991, Spanish journalist Carlos
Albert interviews Giuseppe Baldi, a Benedictine priest and musicologist about
his 1972 Chronovision machine reported to recapture sounds as well as images
from the past. (The Vatican censured Baldi.) Albert later stumbles on Ágreda's
monastery in Spain, while in Los Angeles, Jennifer Narody, a former U.S.
intelligence agent working on a secret project for the Vatican, deals with
unusual
dreams and receives a startling stolen religious text. Sierra's heady tale
about a true flying nun should entertain Christian paranormal buffs, though
some readers might have welcomed more about that Chronovision time machine.
(June)