[bksvol-discuss] Re: what is this character in word?

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:40:15 -0500

There is a tip on Jake's site for dealing with such end of line characters.

E.
At 05:01 PM 12/1/2006, you wrote:
In a book I am validating which I figured had enormous
troubles since it has been on the step one list since
2004, there is a mark that makes like a hard return at
the end of each line even though it's not the end of
the paragraph.

It looks like an arrow pointing to the left with a
little line at the right of it that goes upwards.

I don't know what that marker is (in reveal codes) and
if I knew what it was, I might be able to replace it
with something else that would help get rid of it so
that the paragraphs would come out right.

Like I know that the paragraph mark is ^p.

Otherwise the only way to fix that is to delete each
one which I can do but it's going to be tedious.

Jamie in Michigan
Books gone wild.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/referral/jamieyates