[bksvol-discuss] Re: westerns: anyone interested?

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 01:18:37 -0500

Hi, Anastasia. Are you scanning some of Lea's westerns? I'm working on some of those, and that's why I asked. My version of Microsoft Word now knows a lot more about terms used in westerns than I ever imagined it would when I got my first scanner. (smile) I'm enjoying working on them, and it can be overwhelming if you don't pace yourself. I scan them while listening either to an audiobook or a book from Bookshare loaded into Text Aloud. I'm doing a spellcheck and then submitting them. I know one of our validaters will get to them in good time, and I just keep moving forward. I put my email address in the comments section when I submit books in case the validater needs to reach me. I'm sure I could do a better job of prevalidating the books if I read every word before submitting. However, the spellchecker in Word catches most things, and I know I'm providing something that will be pretty simple to validate. I mention this in the hope that it will encourage you with your scans. Take care, and I hope your scanning works out well.

Monica Willyard