[bksvol-discuss] Re: weird

--- siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What book are you talking about?  Lisa's message
> just said weird.  Is that
> the title of the book, or did I miss something?
>
> Sue S.

Lisa had said that it was weird: Two books that she
had uploaded she'd marked Adult but they wren't still
marked Adult when she looked for them in the
collection. I assume when she said upload she meant
after she'd validated them, not that she'd submitted
them. She didn't mention the names of the books. If
she meant when she submitted them, possibly the
validator took the Adult rating off, but I hope not.
I'd pointed out that people who don't want to read
books with profanity or sex scenes could be
unpleasantly surprised if they download the book
thinkinbg it was o.k. to read and it wasn't.

Shelley said that a children's book she's submitted,
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, had, on the other
hand, been marked adult. I've read that book and
there's nothing Adult about it. It's a children's
picture book. I believe it was a Caldecott Award
winner, and the pictures are described. No way should
it have been rated Adult.

So something weird is going on, and hopefully it will
be fixed soon. Apparently at least 3 books are
mis-rated Adult. Who know how many more? Maybe I'll
check and see about some that I know should be Adult
and see if they still are.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250