[bksvol-discuss] Re: various comments and questions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:11:54 -0800 (PST)

Sharon,

Jamie is correct--it's perfectly fine to type/copy
books/pages when necessary.

What kind of scanner do you have? With my Fine Reader
OCR, I'm able to frame the page to be scanned in such
a way as to frame and therefore scan only the main
text, excluding things at the top and bottom, like
designs and heaadings. Unfortunately, that also
sometimes deletes page numbers, too, which then have
to be put in manually.

Any time you need sighted help, ask me or Jamie. I can
request that book from one of my libraries, I've
found, and then I can let you know the spelling of
names or missing words on pages or I can scan and
validae missing pages for you. That way you won't have
to wait for help--well, you will have to wait until I
check my e-mail, sometimes late in the day, smile, but
not wait for days.

Let me know if you want me to request it. It make take
a a week or so. I'm still waiting for Before the Dawn,
but I've found that it's available from two other
libraries, so I just have to finish a couple of other
things before I get it from those.

Cindy