[bksvol-discuss] various comments and questions

  • From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:03:32 -0500

Is it okay to type a book for inclusion in Bookshare? I have tried to scan a
cookbook called Joy of Jessie numerous times, but it won't scan because of a
holly leaf print at the top and bottom of each page that messes up the
optimize feature. One of my students is typing the book now to practice her
typing and will then proofread it. Obviously, she is not including the art
work.
This book is very hard to obtain as it was printed in limited numbers.

Several cookbooks and books about employment are coming.

I'm still working on Living by the Book, but have had very limited time.
I've never had a book before that needed a sighted person with biblical
knowledge as much as this book does! And I'm not sighted, so have to wait
for sighted help every now and then.

Sharon