[bksvol-discuss] Re: validator's name included with books on the System

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:53:11 -0400

Hi all,
I'll weigh in here, too.  As a validator I would like to have my name listed
with the submitter's  for exactly the reasons Bob names, especially for the
constructive criticism (with constructive" being the key word.  I can pull
down books I've validated and try to check through them, but otherwise I
have no way of knowing if I've done a good job or missed something that
caused a problem or so forth.  And, reading your own validation is like
proofing your own work whereas a fresh pair of ears and/or eyes would
definitely find something I might have missed.

I do respect others privacy, and if a validator does not want his/her name
listed, then that's fine.  But right now, there isn't any way to choose.  I
thought that this was something Bookshare had said they were going to
implement, but maybe it was just something that was discussed on list.

So many times I'll write something on list and yet not send an email to
Bookshare.  I don't think we should barrage them with every problem or
question, but if it's something such as this that people would like and
requires a change on their side, I should email a request for a future
update.

Well, I guess I'm off to try and follow through with doing just that.

My best to all!
Cindy 4
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to
what lies within us."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson