[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating on Braillenote

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:34:26 -0400

I hope you mean a compact flash card and not the flash memory in your braillenote. The card is more stable and if you have to re-set no danger of losing saved data if on a cf card.

At 03:58 PM 9/27/2005, you wrote:

I'm still a litle afraid of what my braille note can do to books so I don't have all the answers. Here are a few suggestions, though.

I would use your flash card instead of active sync. Active sync is a lousy program in my opinion and the one thing you can be sure it will do is convert that RTF to a PWD (pocket Word Document) when it transfers it. The less conversion that takes place the better the file is likely to come out. I would examine the book on your computer a little and then transfer it. Do a little bit of editing and check how that came out by transfering it back to your computer for a look. Make sure you look at the review options when you first open your book. Choose retain extended characters and choose ANSI as their type. I'm never sure which is the best option paragraph or line format. You might want to try both without saving just to see what seems to look best with the book you are working on.

When i get my new braille note I think I will try using it for bookshare work again and I hope I will be more confident in what happens then. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>