[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating books:

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 03:43:05 -0500

I use JAWS and Microsoft Word.  However, I have not updated my JAWS program in
quite a while, so what I tell you may or may not be applicable.  Try pressing
insert-V for Jaws Verbosity.  After it comes on screen, press P and see if it
says something about page breaks.  If it doesn't the first time, keep pressing
the letter P until it begins to repeat the list.  If it does give you the
ability to do anything concerning page breaks, it will (or should) give you the
choice as to whether it announces them.  Press the spacebar to make it do it.
Then close the Jaws Verbosity dialog.  I don't know whether they have done away
with the ability to recognize page breaks altogether, or whether the default
has just changed in the newer versions.  I hope that helps.

Kathy

---
                avast! Antivirus: %This message has been certified clean by
Avast.% message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 080614-1, 06/14/2008
Tested on: 6/17/2008 3:43:53 AM