[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:18:45 -0600

Hi there, Nikki.

It were me who started to validate The Postcard then released it.  I see
where Cindy found you the text of the poem at the  beginning.  And the
Google that it got it to her, pretty cool.

When I released that I had mentioned to the group that it was all the
scanning errors that I found that I could not ascertain what it was since
there was no Exact View used in the original OpenBook scan.  And with the
further delving into the validating in my reading of it, I felt that the
jibberish was way too much of an interference with the narrative of the
story.  So I quit on it.

Maybe you will have more time and availability to fix it, with an actual
print copy at hand.

I will enjoy reading it when it comes into the collection!
Thanks for your diligence.

I?m scanning the Iraq war book right now - Chasing Ghosts by Paul Rieckhoff.
Oh man.  We is surely in some sorry state of affairs me thinks.

Sorry for my sloppy hill country anglish!

Thanks.
Rik