[bksvol-discuss] Re: unwanted letters on scanned page

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:19:35 -0400

Use Scansoft instead of Fine Reader as your OCR engine.

Scansoft munches long dashes, and puts spaces in words, but at least for me,
no extra junk.

Fine reader on the other hand, usually but doesn't always keep words intact,
and keeps m dashes as they are called, but puts  junk in.

So the question is of course.  Which is worse.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com