[bksvol-discuss] Re: trying to find if a book is in the list

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:00:53 -0700

Hi Shelley

I haven't been logging in but I will from now on to see if that helps. I will try using fewer words also, I always put in the complete title. which should work but maybe not with their particular search setup. I'll do some experimenting around and see if I can get better at it now that I have several ideas from several listers.
Thanks.

Bud

Hi Bud,

There might be a couple of reasons you are having so much trouble.  Maybe.

1. Use a keyword of the title, not the title itself. For example, it could be L.A. or LA or L A and all three of these are different according to the search tools.
Also
are you logged in, and do you have show adult content? Could these be Adult.I k

now on the old site, I allowed adult content, when I started using the new site I found that I no longer did have that privilage, so needed to change it in my account.

Beyond that.  These are the things that usually work for me.

I usually use last name of the author, plus first name.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A., VRT
And Guinevere: Golden Lady Guide Dog
guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Alumni Association
www.guidedogs.com

The people who burned witches at the stake never for one moment thought of their act as violence;
rather they thought of it as an act of divinely mandated righteousness.
The same can be said of most of the violence we humans have ever committed. -Gil Bailie, author and lecturer (b. 1944)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kristin Mills" <kristinm@xxxxxxxxx>