[bksvol-discuss] Re: trouble uploading

Bud, When submitting a book, I use the tab key most of the time to get to the boxes. Jill ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:21 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: trouble uploading

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I just have to experiment and figure it out. I always have pressed the enter key and iteventually takes me to the c drive where I get to the book and it shows up in the box, but when it kicks me back instead of uploading the title is missing from the box where it was. I wonder if both boxes need to be filled in. I've never done that before and eventually got it to upload. You'd think I'd know what I was doing after sending in a couple hundred books over the past few years. Anyway, thanks for the info and I'll play around with it some more and see what happens.

Bud At 03:25 AM 4/10/2008, you wrote:
Hi Bud.
You said, "also I'm a little confused about the two edit
boxes for the title.  One says something about enter title and the
other says enter title brouse button or something like that."

It sounds kind of like you've run into that browse button that isn't nice to screen readers, especially window-eyes and system access. What, if any, screen reader are you using? We just finished a long thread on that issue on this list.

If I understand your dilemma correctly, you are supposed to plug the path to the file that contains your book in that first edit box, or hit space on the second thing that says "enter title or browse". If you hit the spacebar on that second thing, you should get a list of the files and folders on your computer similar to the open dialogue. Find your book and tab to the open button and press enter.

Sorry about the rather vague response, maybe I could be more specific with more information.

Of course, there's always the possibility that I've totally misread your question. If so, I apologize.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>