[bksvol-discuss] Re: trojans, worms and computer viruses

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:38:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi Lissi, I didn't know until too late about the
keylogger and the dialer. At that time I had Norton
antivirus and I had some other free antispyware
program.

Weird things kept happening to my computer and I asked
one person who told me to buy an antispyware program
(which is how I wound up with e-pest) and I did and
itdidn't completely get rid of it. I asked another
friend for help who referred me to some other place
where they told me to get Ewido, CC Cleaner which was
a registry cleaner and one other program. It was able
to diagnose the problem but they were replicating
themselves and rather than pay someone to eradicate
the crap I opted to save what I could from my hard
drive onto storage dvd's and format the hard drive and
start over.

These things can lay dormant in your computer to be
triggered later. They replicate themselves. They can
ruin your computer.

I think it is not so much that computers are risky but
that computers and the internet are so much more
advanced than they used to be and there are people out
there who have the capabilities to produce these
things and have nothing better to do.

Jamie in Michigan