[bksvol-discuss] Re: too many spaces

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:26:26 -0500

One of the first things I do after scanning is to search for tab characters which are often followed by junk characters and remove tab and the junk.

Jim

At 09:39 AM 3/30/06, you wrote:

I do this with the multiple spaces down to one space as well, and yes you have to repeat it a few times before you get all of them. The other thing I would note is that you don't notice it before submitting or approving a validation, but at some point between the validater and the posting the approved copy on the site, the tab characters are eaten. so if you have a word, tab, and another word, and yes as odd as it looks sometimes you get that with a scan, later when the book is posted it will look like the two words are smooshed together. Other people have mentioned doing individual searches and examine the text around it to see if it really should be indented, but there are so many of them I typically I just do a search and replace with a single space. This too is done before the search for multiple space procedure you mentioned below.

Tiff
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Pardees" <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>