[bksvol-discuss] Re: title on each page

  • From: The Pardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:06:57 -0400

Gerald,
You are indeed correct.
I never begin replacing headers at the beginning of the book, but the numbered page where they first occur. Many times there is a tab or other distinctive character in the heading, which distinguishes it from other occurrences in the book. Definitely care should always be taken when using global replace.

Jim P

Sorry about the first

At 09:43 PM 4/14/06, you wrote:

At 04:46 PM 4/14/06, you wrote:

Be careful though when doing the find and replace.  You don't want to remove
the title or author's name from the title page because you replace the
header with nothing and didn't restrict the find and replace to the main
content of the book.

Also, titles are sometimes so simple that they can match text in the book,
or the title is taken from a line of the book, so be careful you don't
remove text from the main content when doing the find and replace.  Usually
specifying that the case of the search string be matched will prevent this
from happening.

HTH

Gerald