[bksvol-discuss] tips to start

  Dear all
  I am a new volunteer. I work as an aide for challenged students.
  I have not started any work so far.I have been reading the emails that you
guys exchange so that I can understand what is going before I start validating
and editing.
  I have some questions before I proceed.
  Can a volunteer download any book for editing and validating?   Suppose I
download a book and someone is alreading working on that  book how do I know
about that.
  May I have examples of scanning and formating errors.
  I prefer to start with a small book (book having small number of pages).Can
anyone suggest one?
  As you guys have good experience may I have some tips before I start working
on a book.
  Thanks for your time and support. devi

Devi ramaseshan