[bksvol-discuss] Re: text format submissions

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:27:15 -0500 (EST)

Brian

To me, the answer is a "no brainer."  I rather have the books in less than
ideal form than having no book at all.
If someone later believes they can submit a better scan and are willing to
do so, they can always provide a replacement copy.
I know some will disagree with me; but BookShare is a sharing mechanism
(see the name) not a publishing house guaranteeing consistency and all the
rest implied in publishing.
It would be a shame if a couple of hundred books, some of which might be
exactly something someone wanted or needed, were not available due to them
being textfiles if they were otherwise readable.

It sounds like, Brian, over the years you have been an avid scanner.
And it would be a shame if someone else had to replicate your efforts
simply because what you had was .txt rather than .rtf.