[bksvol-discuss] Re: technology for blind proofreaders

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:08:52 -0400

Please avoid translating and leave the file as rtf. It means you will need to input corrections using computer braille for punctuation and will have to learn that. But that part is easy and the translating can just plain mess things up. I use a braillenote and am certainly interested in your experiences with the Icon and the braille input.

E.

At 08:04 AM 4/2/2009, you wrote:
Hi everybody,
In my search for the best overall tech choices for the best price, I'd be extremely interested to know if any blind proofreaders use the braille+ or Icon attached to a braille display.

For all blind proofreaders, do you translate the book into grade two braille or would that interfere with computer braille symbols too much? I realize this won't be easy, but I'm determined to get it done.
thanks much,
Nancy Martin
Oklahoma