[bksvol-discuss] tab warning and complaint

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:05:27 -0600

Andrew's message reminded me that there is another big problem with the
bookshare conversion process that people should be aware of.
It eats tabs!  It doesn't replace them with another character, it just eats
them, which I find beyond unacceptable.  Unfortunately I didn't know for
sure that was true until very recently.

If bookshare kept tabs then inserting a bullet followed by a tab would be a
good idea for making lists in Kurzweil, but I don't know what to suggest
now.  I'd really like to send a test document through the conversion process
to check out everything that is retained and everything that is eaten.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/