[bksvol-discuss] synopsis

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:20:03 -0400

Looking over the new titles reminded me where there is a weakness in the library, that we as volunteers can't point at the software. While I realize that I am probably preaching to the choir, I think we need to make an effort to provide at least short synopsis that provide readers with an idea of what the book is about. I've used the following book as an example, not to single out any submitter, as it is the famous "A Bookshare Volunteer," or validater, but because the long synopsis, which is better, should have fit comfortably in the short synopsis field.
It also caught my attention as I found the subject of the book a bit humorous as I don't really understand why anyone would find it necessary to debunk a novel. Then again, I never understood why religious leaders would come up with allegations that "Barny," "Telly Tubbies," and "Sponge Bob," promote gay life styles.
I think next week I'm going to start on my book proving "the Clone Wars" were all a fake.

The Da Vinci Hoax: Exposing the Errors in The Da Vinci Code
by
Sandra Miesel,
Carl E. Olson

Synopsis:
The Da Vinci Hoax

Long Synopsis:
A complete and well-researched debunking of the popular novel The Da Vinci Code