[bksvol-discuss] Re: synopses and reviews

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:54:47 -0500

I meant to say "Perhaps bookshare will publish a meeting summary since others may not have been able to attend." Sorry for the poor typing.

E.

At 09:51 AM 2/5/2009, you wrote:
Perhaps bookshare staff wants to publish a summary of this session since others also may not have been able to attend.

I know Pavi had prior commitments and was not there either.

Elizabeth

At 09:44 AM 2/5/2009, you wrote:
Elizabeth, I know your technical issues prevented you from attending both
sessions of the Bookshare webinars. Lisa has said that they'll be using
their book metadata service during the upcoming months to fix books from the
international providers you're referring to as well as books that have no
synopsis. Bookshare has just brought a librarian on board, and that's going
to help a lot.

Reviews are separate from the synopsis, and there is a very nice form on
each book's page that lets you submit a personal review. It's no longer
necessary to send your review to Pavi or anyone else. Take a look at the
book The Power Of Positive Thinking to see what I'm talking about. You'll
see my review below the copyright and synopsis for the book. The review
system works very much like Amazon or Audible now.

Monica Willyard

http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com