[bksvol-discuss] Re: suggestions for volunteers about books to do

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:59:18 -0500

I have many of the old Hardy boys and Nancy Drew books as well as other classic
lines including the Bobbsey Twins and more. I think this is where being a
series captain or volunteering for a group will be a very good use of resources
and talents.

Susan asked me how many books are in my house and I had to honestly say that
there are probably approaching 1000 in my living room alone waiting to be
scanned and added. I guess I should go to scanning full-time instead of
proofreading, but my heart really is more in proofreading. Once I get done with
the Spanish grammar book I am working on I will return to more scanning of
these eclectic and older titles and series. Or, if someone has a good track
record of meticulous scanning I can send them a box of books and myself or one
of my trusted proofreaders could assist in getting some of these books in the
collection. The big cost is postage as I would need my books back to donate to
our local library.

Valerie